Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins *Dairy Free
These are a replica of the Starbucks Fall muffins that I crave every season! Guaranteed to be just as delicious Gluten Free and Dairy Free!
I have left the pumpkin seeds off of my muffins so my little guy can enjoy them too - but sprinkle them on yours for added nutrition!
Makes 8 Large Muffins or 12 Small Muffins
1 Egg (at room temp)
¾ cup Light Brown Sugar
1 can Pumpkin Puree
¾ cup Oil (I used Avocado Oil)
1.5 cups GF Flour Mix
1 cup Almond Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 ½ tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
½ cup Dairy Free Cream Cheese (Or regular if you don't need dairy free)
Pumpkin seeds (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease or line a muffin tin
2. Beat the egg and sugar together until creamy
3. Place two or three sheets of paper towel OR a cheesecloth in a bowl and pour the pumpkin puree on top. Gather the edges of the paper towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out the excess water. You still want it moist, but not wet. Add the puree to the egg and sugar and beat until well incorporated
4. Drizzle in the oil slowly while beating
5. In a separate bowl, sift the GF flour, Almond Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Cinnamon and Pumpkin Pie Spice together. Add this ½ Cup at a time to the mixture, beating well between each addition
6. Place one large or small scoop into your prepared muffin tin. Scoop about 1 tsp of cream cheese into the center of the pumpkin mix. Place another scoop of pumpkin mixture on top and ¼ tsp of cream cheese deep into the center. Repeat until all the pumpkin mixture is used.
7. Sprinkle the tops with Pumpkin Seeds, if using.